It is super easy! As long as you already have your ad network, and are on a paid account with Dacast, it is as easy as 1-2-3.
Simply enable the pay-per-view advertising feature on the engagement page of your VOD section, then once you have done so, just click on the “New Ad” button and it will help you generate a URL.
You just need to copy and paste the URL of your ad in your Dacast account and that’s it.
This paywall section of your Dacast account gives you access to the main tools you need to monetize video content.
Some of the paywall functions include:
- Access to your saved pay-per-view/subscriptions/promo codes presets (section “Presets” of your Paywall
- Creation of price groups and promo codes (section “Groups” of your Paywall)
- Access to your Pay Per Views and Subscriptions balance lines (section “Transactions” of your Paywall)
- Access to your balance (section “Withdrawals” of your Paywall)
- Customization of your paywall using paywall themes (section “Theming” of your Paywall)
- Payment requests and managing your payment settings (sections “Settings” of your Paywall)
Types of Monetization Available with Dacast
There are three methods of monetization offered by Dacast: SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD.
SVOD is a subscription-based method that allows viewers to have unlimited access to a video library for as long as their subscription lasts. Subscriptions are typically weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
TVOD is most commonly known as pay-per-view. As the name suggests, viewers pay for what they want to watch.
AVOD refers to ad-based monetization. You have the option to serve ads on your content. Ads are funded by your advertisers, so rather than paying out of pocket, your viewers pay for the content with a minute or so of their time.
Want to familiarize yourself with Dacast’s platform and video monetization capabilities before committing? Try risk-free for 30 days.
- Video Monetization: How to Use the Dacast Paywall
- How to Set up a Price on Video Content
- How to Apply a Promo Code on Dacast
- How to Set up Group Pricing
- How to Apply a Promo Code to Group Pricing
- How to Edit or Delete a Price, Group Pricing, or Promo Code
- How to Read Revenue Analytics
- What is Video Monetization?
- How to Use PPV on Dacast