This is different from live streaming because it is previously recorded as opposed to broadcast in real-time.
Since Dacast is a unified platform, it supports both live streaming and advanced VOD hosting. Your viewers will not access your videos directly on Dacast, but rather in a VOD library that you build on your own site or app using a Dacast embed code.
Professional-grade VOD content is most popularly monetized with subscriptions or pay-per-view. However, it is possible to monetize with advertisements or advertisements paired with subscriptions.
VOD Features on Dacast
In 2019, Dacast acquired vzaar, an advanced VOD hosting platform. More recently, the two platforms have merged, giving users a totally seamless, unified streaming experience.
Because of this merger, Dacast has inherited quite a few powerful VOD features.
These features include:
With the help of these and other VOD-specific features, you can expect a pleasant user experience for both you and your viewers when you use Dacast for your professional video hosting needs.
Not yet a Dacast user, and interested in trying Dacast risk-free for 30 days? Sign up today to get started.
- Walkthrough: How to Set Up Video On Demand (VOD) with Dacast
- VOD Streaming: The Premier Content Delivery Strategy
- Build Your Own Video On Demand Platform
- Top 5 VOD Platforms for Online Video Hosting
- What is vzaar VOD Video Hosting?
- Can I Continue Using the VOD Section of the Dacast Live Platform?